[MPlayer-cygwin] How to get a mplayer with fontconfig?

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 02:38:45 CET 2007

RVM wrote:
> El Lunes, 3 de Diciembre de 2007 10:55, John Brown escribió:
>
>> RVM wrote:
>>
> (...)
>

>> Try a different vo (gl2 or gl).
>>

> Doesn't work either.

Too bad. I suggested it because I had a problem (which I have not reported yet)
using the new tv:// support on Windows. There were some problems with the
dshow driver, but in the end, it works only if I use -vo gl2 (or gl). The developer
told me that it seems that there is a problem with -vo directx, so I should report it.

> First I had problems compiling fontconfig. It seems it didn't work if libiconv
> was static. But if libiconv was shared then the mplayer configure didn't
> detect it and so freetype and fontconfig were disabled.
>
> Finally I removed the --enable-static option and that made the mplayer
> configure to detect the shared libiconv and enable support for freetype and
> fontconfig at last.

That's strange. I have compiled practically every library used by MPlayer that can be
compiled on Windows with MinGW/MSYS. I always --enable-static. Occasionally,
I have to edit the .pc files in /usr/locla/lib/pkgconfig because they don't list all the
libraries that are really needed. For example, I think that I had to add -lexpat to
fontconfig.pc. Rarely, I have had to edit the MPlayer configure script to make it detect
 libraries.

> With cygwin things were easier, it worked perfectly at the first try even with
> --enable-static.

Maybe you should 'make distclean' and start over.