[MPlayer-cygwin] How to get a mplayer with fontconfig?

RVM rvm3000 at ya.com
Tue Dec 4 01:32:27 CET 2007

El Lunes, 3 de Diciembre de 2007 10:55, John Brown escribió:
> RVM wrote:
(...)
> > I noticed the text that says:
> > "Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
> > and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
> > but in the compiler. You may try recompiling using gcc>= 4.2.
> > Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers."
> >
> > The mingw build doesn't print this warning, but it has the same behavior
> > and crashes at the same point, so I think the crash is not related to
> > that warning. And just running 'mplayer.exe -font any_font.ttf' (so no
> > fontconfig used) works.
>
> I get that message too, but it works, so I don't think that it is the cause
> of your problem either.
> My software:
> gcc 3.4.5 (MinGW)
> binutils 2.16.91
> MPlayer svn 25096
> fontconfig 2.4.2
> freetype2 2.3.4

I was using freetype 2.3.5 and fontconfig 2.5.0. Maybe tomorrow I'll try it
with your versions and see if there's better luck.

> Try a different vo (gl2 or gl).

Doesn't work either.

> Also, you mentioned that mplayer's configure had problems detecting
> fonctconfig and freetype. Do you remember what you did to fix the problems?
> I had a recent problem, but I only had to edit the test for fontconfig in
> the configure script. I did not have to do anything special to compile
> fontconfig or freetype.

First I had problems compiling fontconfig. It seems it didn't work if libiconv
was static. But if libiconv was shared then the mplayer configure didn't
detect it and so freetype and fontconfig were disabled.

Finally I removed the --enable-static option and that made the mplayer
configure to detect the shared libiconv and enable support for freetype and
fontconfig at last.

With cygwin things were easier, it worked perfectly at the first try even with
--enable-static.

--
RVM