[MPlayer-cygwin] svn 23918 - vocenc.c:37: error:`ENOTSUP' undeclared

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 14:33:25 CEST 2007

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:11:01 +0200, Diego Biurrun  wrote:

>On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 12:59:29AM +0000, John Brown wrote:
> >
> > MPlayer's configure does not seem to provide a way for you to
> > specify extra CFLAGS.
>
>Of course it does, just look at --help output...
>
>Diego

$ ./configure --help > help.txt 2>&1

$ grep -i cflags help.txt
/* Nothing returned */
$ grep -i flag help.txt
  --extra-libs=FLAGS          extra linker flags
  --extra-libs-mplayer=FLAGS  extra linker flags for MPlayer
  --extra-libs-mencoder=FLAGS extra linker flags for MEncoder

I also inspected help.txt. I did not find anything that specifically
related to CFLAGS. The closest thing was --cc=COMPILER.
I tried:
$ ./configure --cc="gcc -DENOTSUP=48"
Detected operating system: MINGW32
Detected host architecture: i386
Checking for gcc -DENOTSUP version ... 3.4.5, ok
Checking for host cc ... gcc -DENOTSUP
Checking for cross compilation ... no

I killed configure here.

After several minutes on this very slow machine, I have found
that configure will use CFLAGS if it exists, but 'configure
--help' does not say so. Because of that, and because I
remember seeing somewhere warnings that you should not
report bugs if you used custom CFLAGS, I assumed that they
did not provide a way to set CFLAGS with configure.

FFMpeg has --extra-cflags and --extra-ldflags or something
similar,but I just do not see something similar in MPlayer.
Where does configure say how to set CFLAGS?