[MPlayer-cygwin] Change default video window title from "MPlayer" to "The Utimate Movie Player" ?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Mar 5 12:00:06 CET 2006

Hi,
On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 10:17:45AM -0800, Swapnil Shinde wrote:
> I was just curious to change the title for the default video window which
> current says "MPlayer" (This is the video window that pops up when we play
> any video - without using an explicit GUI). Since, this is the best media
> player on the planet, I wanted to change it to "The Ultimate Movie Player"
> and recompile mplayer for my machine. Can someone please tell me the file
> which defines this title, so that I can edit and recomplie it.

Always time to waste for things like that *g*
Though you should have said which vo.
For -vo gl and -vo gl2: libvo/w32_common.c, line 14:
static const char* classname = "MPlayer - Media player for Win32";
For -vo directx probably in libvo/vo_directx.c, the strings in the calls
to CreateWindow and CreateWindowEx, lines 1074 and 1083 for me.
In the unlikely case you're using X, look somewhere in
libvo/x11_common.c.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger