[MPlayer-cygwin] Fast CoreAVC DShow H264 decoder - Need help

Stefan Gürtler helfmir at surfeu.de
Tue Jan 17 10:22:37 CET 2006

compn schrieb:

> ok, i downloaded , installed, got guid of coreavcdecoder.ax
> (i once tried coreaac audio codec, and could not import it into mplayer)
>

> videocodec coreavc
>   info "coreavc"
>   status working
>   fourcc AVC1,avc1
>   driver dshow
>   dll "CoreAVCDecoder.ax"
>   guid 0x9571a4b, 0xf1fe, 0x4c60, 0x97, 0x60, 0xde, 0x6d, 0x31, 0x0c, 0x7c, 0x31
>   out YV12
>
> is my codecs.conf entry...
> but i got this error, maybe my h264 sample is bad?
>
> Forced video codec: coreavc
> Opening video decoder: [dshow] DirectShow video codecs
> Warning: DS_Filter() source format is not accepted.  (DLL=CoreAVCDecoder.ax, r=0x1)
> Failed to create DirectShow filter
>
> also tried with http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/firewall/firewall-tlr1_h480p.mov
> and got same error...
>
> mplayer is lacking some directshow support, like directshow muxers/filters it
> cannot use, only directshow codecs, its very picky.
>
> -compn

Perfect timing. I was just wondering how to interpred the information in
graphedit to get the guids. Just out of curiosity:
How to get
guid 0x9571a4b, 0xf1fe, 0x4c60, 0x97, 0x60, 0xde, 0x6d, 0x31, 0x0c,
0x7c, 0x31
from
@device:sw:{083863F1-70DE-11D0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\{09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}
?
With my recoded x264-in-avi
(mencoder -ovc x264 -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp2 -of avi -o out.avi
nasa_shuttle_m420p.mov)
I get the same error code:

Forced video codec: coreavc
Opening video decoder: [dshow] DirectShow video codecs
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec CoreAVCDecoder.ax.
Warning: DS_Filter() source format is not accepted.
(DLL=CoreAVCDecoder.ax, r=0x1)
Failed to create DirectShow filter
You need to upgrade/install the binary codecs package.
Go to http://mplayerhq.hu/homepage/dload.html
VDecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x31637661.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

AFAIK CoreAVCDecoder.ax is only a decoder, like it name suggestes. You
have to install e.g. Haalis MatroskaSplitter to demux mp4 container
before you can play any H264-in-mp4 with CoreAVCDecoder.ax.

Stefan