[MPlayer-cygwin] Fast CoreAVC DShow H264 decoder - Need help

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Tue Jan 17 10:11:04 CET 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:46:31 +0100
Stefan Gürtler <helfmir at surfeu.de> wrote:

> Hi folks
> CoreCodec AVC DirectShow Video Decoder
>
> What else can be done to get coreAVCDecoder.ax up and running?
>
> Stefan

ok, i downloaded , installed, got guid of coreavcdecoder.ax
(i once tried coreaac audio codec, and could not import it into mplayer)

videocodec coreavc
  info "coreavc"
  status working
  fourcc AVC1,avc1
  driver dshow
  dll "CoreAVCDecoder.ax"
  guid 0x9571a4b, 0xf1fe, 0x4c60, 0x97, 0x60, 0xde, 0x6d, 0x31, 0x0c, 0x7c, 0x31
  out YV12

is my codecs.conf entry...
but i got this error, maybe my h264 sample is bad?

Forced video codec: coreavc
Opening video decoder: [dshow] DirectShow video codecs
Warning: DS_Filter() source format is not accepted.  (DLL=CoreAVCDecoder.ax, r=0x1)
Failed to create DirectShow filter

also tried with http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/firewall/firewall-tlr1_h480p.mov
and got same error...

mplayer is lacking some directshow support, like directshow muxers/filters it
cannot use, only directshow codecs, its very picky.

-compn