[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Progress bar and playback key shortcut questions

Frank Aurich fa859178 at inf.tu-dresden.de
Sat Apr 8 17:45:36 CEST 2006

PBVillaflores at smart.com.ph wrote:

> 1.  Is there an option in mplayer to show a progress bar during playback
> and which can be used to randomly re-position playback by clicking at a
> specific position on the progress bar?
>
> 2.  When I use ] to step up playback, the audio becomes high pitched.
> Is there a way around this?
>
> 3.  Is there a way to directly map a shortcut key to an exact specific
> playback speed, e.g. 1.5x, 1.6x, 1.7x and 1.75x?  I notice, the bracket
> and parenthesis shortcuts for changing the playback speed are not
> present in the input.conf file.
>
> 4.  Can I remap the mouse scroll to a different function?

> This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and authorized recipients.  It may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is subject to the conditions in http://www.smart.com.ph/disclaimer.

1. Mplayer itself doesn't have this feature. Some GUI interfaces can do
it though (check out http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php)

2. This was discussed on the mailing list a while ago. It is not
implemented, but AFAIR can be added through some plugin. See here:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/39028/focus=39031

3. in your input.conf: <KEY> speed_set <float>
So for example 's speed_set 1.2'
you can put a '+' in front of the number, then speed will be increased
by this number. a '-' decreases.

4. also possible: in your input.conf, the mouse wheel is defined as
MOUSE_BTN3 and MOUSE_BTN4 (I think).

On a general note regarding key-function mappings: Type 'mplayer -input
keylist' and you will get a list of all available keys.
Type 'mplayer -input cmdlist' and Mplayer tells you what commands are
available and their respective values.
Put the stuff you want in your input.conf and you're done :D

A sample input.conf is in the main/etc dir of the CVS source.

Frank