[MPlayer-cygwin] Note on the MinGW roll-your-own mplayer howto

Reinier Zwitserloot surial at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 23:40:17 CEST 2005

It works like a shining star! I followed the latest posted version
(v3) to the letter and I now have a working MPLAYER with things the
binary release doesn't yet offer such as theora support and the
"get_time_pos" slave command.

NB: There's a new release of xvidcore out; 1.1.0b2. The guide was
written with 1.0.3 in mind. There does not appear to be a problem
playing xvid files. The release also mentions there are no API changes
between 1.0 and 1.1 so I expected as much. Some very minor release
upgrades left and right but, as expected, no changes (ie: NASM).