[MPlayer-cygwin] cdda and cddb

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Mon May 30 22:39:35 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 03:13:14AM -0400, Erik Lunchpail wrote:
> I've been playing a bit again with some options for
> cdda and cddb under windows and came across akrip
> (http://akrip.sourceforge.net) which seems to have
> both cdda and cddb support. The API is pretty straight
> forward, and very well documented (there's an example
> code snippet for nearly every function.)
>
> With my limited knowledge, i was able to make a
> cddawin32.c and turn mplayer into a cd ripper pretty
> easily :), so i'm sure someone who knows what they're
> doing could quite easily get it working for CD
> playback.

Then please send a patch.  No sense in duplicating work.  If it's not
clean enough for CVS, I'll take on the project.  But it would be
appreciated if you would share what you've accomplished.

--Joey

--
"Of the seven dwarves, the only one who shaved was Dopey.
That should tell us something about the wisdom of shaving."