[MPlayer-cygwin] cdda and cddb

Erik Lunchpail erik_27can at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 09:13:14 CEST 2005

Yo,

I've been playing a bit again with some options for
cdda and cddb under windows and came across akrip
(http://akrip.sourceforge.net) which seems to have
both cdda and cddb support. The API is pretty straight
forward, and very well documented (there's an example
code snippet for nearly every function.)

With my limited knowledge, i was able to make a
cddawin32.c and turn mplayer into a cd ripper pretty
easily :), so i'm sure someone who knows what they're
doing could quite easily get it working for CD
playback.

So if anyone's been looking into it, you might wanna
check it out as an option. Seems much easier to me
than porting cdparanoia. In the meantime, i'll
continue to play around and see how many .wav's i can
fill my hd with.

Regards,
Erik