[MPlayer-cygwin] Some problems

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Tue Jun 7 18:08:03 CEST 2005

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 07.06.2005, 02:47 +0200 schrieb Vizi Gabor:
> > Yes, the mingw version can't load linux shared objects.
> > Can you copy the pncrt.dll from your codecs dir to the same dir you have
> > your mplayer.exe in and try again?
> >
> > Sascha
> >
> i did copy that, and did try, but isnt better. i tried to copy the codec
> dll (cook*) in the mplayer.exe dir - dont work.
> i wroted the codecsdir manualy into the windows path (the environment
> variable) - dont help also.
> i did copy the codec dll into the c:\windows\system32 - dont work.
> all of that had same mplayer output: "Error loading dll"
>
> I think the LoadLibraryA function cant find the dll, but why i dont know,
> because if the dlldir is in the path this funcion must find it. (if the MS
> Dynamic-Link Library Search Order manual about the LoadLibrary is saying
> correct things - there the last line in the order always the PATH
> environment) What LoadLibraryA function do the mplayer use? MS one or own
> implemented one?

MPlayer uses the default windows Loadlibrary. Please post your config.h
and configure.log. What codec package do you use? Try the windows
essentials package.
Everything is still working fine for me on cygwin with cvs from today.

excerpt:

Opening audio decoder: [realaud] RealAudio decoder
opening shared obj 'c:/cygwin/usr/codecs/cook.so'
Error: dlopen, Win32 error 1157
opening win32 dll 'cook.so'
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec cook.so.
Read the RealAudio section of the DOCS!
ADecoder preinit failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Opening audio decoder: [realaud] RealAudio decoder
opening shared obj 'c:/cygwin/usr/codecs/cook.so.6.0'
Error: dlopen, Win32 error 1157
opening win32 dll 'cook.so.6.0'
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec cook.so.6.0.
Read the RealAudio section of the DOCS!
ADecoder preinit failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Opening audio decoder: [realaud] RealAudio decoder
opening win32 dll 'cook3260.dll'
Audio codec: [13] 96 kbps Stereo Music
Audio bitrate: 95.780 kbit/s (11973 bps)
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 95.8 kbit/6.79% (ratio: 11973->176400)
Selected audio codec: [racookwin] afm:realaud (Win32 RealAudio COOK)

Sascha

P.S.
Keep the conversation on the list.