[MPlayer-cygwin] MPlayer GUI?

Erik Lunchpail erik_27can at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 22:15:35 CEST 2005

> Dear windows users, voices from the dark side.
> If you want to have something done fast, do it
> yourself. I'm busy for the next
> week ;)

I basically had to do the same thing. Sascha's gui sat
on the ftp site collecting dust for a while, and
despite my pleas for anyone to look at developing it
further, i pretty much had to learn C with 0
programming knowledge and a *LOT* of googling, to tune
it to my personal needs. Luckily, Gianluigi was also
interested in it, so we've been adding/fixing to it
off and on for a while now.

However, it appears there's not a whole lot of love
around for the current linux gui, and a few people
have looked at alternative(more portable?) widget sets
for a complete rewrite of the gui portion. I
personally think that if there *IS* going to be a
completely new gui, rather than separating them per
OS, there should be one very portable one. There are
enough widget sets around to accomplish this, but i do
appreciate the fact for keeping compatibility with all
the work that's gone into existing skins etc.

I know a few people have mentioned GTK2, FTLK, and
EFL, and QT4 for windows is now GPL so i guess that's
one other possibility.

Regards,
Erik