[MPlayer-cygwin] mplayer kengking-version urls

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Jan 28 18:18:08 CET 2005

mplayer at turcic.com writes:
> Thanks for being so very NICE, Mr Diego.

You are welcome.  I wanted to send an inflammatory letter first but
reconsidered and tried to explain things as calmly as I could.  I'm
glad you reply in the same spirit.

Seriously now, I'm just trying to get some information.  Let's keep
the petty bickering out of it.

> First, I supplied a link to the forum where Chinese people are actively
> discussing his release. So if you are looking to contact him, I suggest
> you take your time and have a look there.

That's great, but it's all in CHINESE.  Guess what, I cannot read a
single kanji letter, so what am I to do?

> Second, who said I was directly communicating with you? I am sure many
> other subscribers here are interested in the download links. And after
> all, this mailing list is about "Windows porting" and the kengking
> version is a Windows port. What you want to put on your frontpage is
> your beer.
>
> Third, someone was asking for the sources. The urls I supplied include
> such.

Sorry about that, but it was not clear from your mail who you were
replying to since you did not quote anything for context and I did not
keep the thread.  Since I was the last to post to that thread I just
assumed you were addressing me.

> So go ahead and contact him directly,

How?  I don't have any contact information and I'm not sure he
understands English (although I assume he does).

> but please don't flame people who are just trying to help here.

I'm trying to help here as well as I have for the past few years
documenting, testing and developing MPlayer.

It's great that you provided those links to this mailing list, but the
MPlayer homepage is a place where this information can reach many more
people more easily.  So if you could be even more helpful and provide
a suitable link or make contact with kentking directly we could
resolve this to everyone's benefit.

Diego