[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: largefile support

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sun Jan 16 20:28:46 CET 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 00:42, Wen-King Su wrote:
> Wen-King Su writes:
> > and I came to the conclusion that the file size
> > limit is for me to solve.  Is anybody working on that?
>
>            ^^^^
>
>  Typo: I mean _NOT_ for me to solve.  The file size problem is
>  not for me to solve.

Well, there are functions to support bigger files with later version of mingw.
However one has to manually replace the default functions with the 64 bit
versions. I asked on the mingw list a while back if this couldn't be done
automatical, similar to linux. The answer back then was no, afair. Maybe a
patch for mingw to implement this would have been better. If not we can still
put a header doing this into osdep.