[MPlayer-cygwin] Problem with the -wid Switch under Win32 with DirectX

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sun Jan 16 20:04:42 CET 2005

Hi,

On Sunday 16 January 2005 16:05, George wrote:
> I was very happy, as I found the switch -wid witch should do exactly
> what I want in a very usable way. But unfortunatly I can't get it work.
> I call the MPlayer.exe with the -wid Switch and The Handle of my Dialog
> as Integer Parameter. But the Video isn't shown in my Dialog:(

When I tested it a while back, I passed it as hex 0x.... but I don't think
this matters. Are you sure you got the colorkeying right?
Try with -nocolorkey otherwise your window has to be painted in the same color
as the colorkey you can change it with the -colorkey option.

> For testing Reasons I passed a invalid Window handle to the -wid switch,
> just to see what happens. In this case, MPlayer opens a new Window with
> no System Menu/Border. That shows me, that I passed a valid Window
> handle. But it seems MPlayer has Problems with my Window. It is a Simple

You didn't send a log therefore I'm assuming that vo directx preinit will fail
because of the invalid window handle and vo gl2 gets selected instead.