[MPlayer-cygwin] Sascha's gui with fixes and minor additions.

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Mon Feb 14 02:17:07 CET 2005

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 01:56:48PM +0100, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> > > I would prefere if we could make it use the slave mode. I'll see what I
> > > can do at the weekend. Feel free to do it before me if you find the time.
> > >
> > > Sascha
> >
> > Never worked around slave mode, this means use two different processes,
> > so such a thing should be moved out as an external gui?
> >

> After fighting with windows pipes for a day, I uploaded a version that uses
> slave mode to http://www.mplayerhq.hu/~faust3/gui/. Sorry, but I did not yet
> include all of Eriks and your patches. The version this is based on is
> mplayer-windows-gui-alpha2.tar.gz and not all features that worked in the old
> version are implemented. The main changes were made to mplayer/interface.c
> in order to make the gui independant from MPlayer.
>
> Sascha

Intresting I would use slave mode for another project, when I have some
spare time, I would make a program like mpegable x4 live to convert
video in mobile phone formats, but as I seen mencoder doesn't uses ffmpeg
formats for output I've only seen avi, pipe as output and not e.g. 3gp,
adding libavformat doesn't affects -of options?

P.S. my main email is sherpya at netfarm dot it, mplayer@ is used for
handling this ml :) (btw in AUTHORS my email is correct ;))

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>
EDP Project Leader