[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: MinGW MPlayer HOWTO update 3

Stefan Gürtler helfmir at surfeu.de
Sun Aug 21 20:40:53 CEST 2005

> Apart from a standard ANSI C library, FreeType 2 doesn't have any
> external dependencies and can be compiled and installed on its own on
> any kind of system.
> (http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/index.html#requirements)
>
> So this should not happen. Which version of freetype do you use?
> I had no problems with freetype-2.1.3, and i am trying latest
> freetype-2.1.10 just now.
> After reading docs/INSTALL.UNX and UPGRADE.UNX, it looks like
> ./configure --prefix=/mingw
> make
> make install
> should still be sufficient.

OK, building freetype-2.1.10 finished without problemes here on
MSys/MinGW with gcc-3.4.2 and gmake v3.79.1.
In UPGRADE.UNX are some information on what to do with XOrg and XFree86
X installation and possible problems, that may come with those. So if
you try to compile freetype on cygwin, have a look at that file.

Stefan