[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: MinGW MPlayer HOWTO update 3

Stefan Gürtler helfmir at surfeu.de
Sun Aug 21 20:28:13 CEST 2005

Kovarththanan Rajaratnam schrieb:
> Hello
>
> "Stefan Gürtler" <helfmir at surfeu.de> wrote in message
> news:43031594.3050800 at surfeu.de...
>
>>This time I have added instructions for builing libtheora.
>>The location for downloading libogg and libvorbis had to be altered, as
>>vorbis.com does not link to the latest releases.
>

> I tried and follow your steps but I run into an error in step 2
> when compiling freetype. Everything seems to go OK until this point.
> Here I receive some errors wrt. some undefined references to
> <X11/Xlib.h>, <X11/Xutil.h> and <X11/cursorfont.h>.
> Which packages am I missing?
>
> Thanks.

These header files are part of the X Window system, which is usually not
part of the MSys environment. There is one X Window server based on
MinGW/MSys - I have forgotten its name- but usually you use Cygwin, if
you want to have a full featuerd X Environment.
So installing X libs and its headers is one way to go, but not the
preferred in my opinion.

www.freetype.org says:
Requirements

FreeType 2 is written in industry-standard ANSI C and should compile
easily with any compliant C compiler. We've even taken great care to
eliminate all warnings when compiling with popular compilers like gcc,
Visual C++ and Borland C++.

Apart from a standard ANSI C library, FreeType 2 doesn't have any
external dependencies and can be compiled and installed on its own on
any kind of system.
(http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/index.html#requirements)

So this should not happen. Which version of freetype do you use?
I had no problems with freetype-2.1.3, and i am trying latest
freetype-2.1.10 just now.
After reading docs/INSTALL.UNX and UPGRADE.UNX, it looks like
./configure --prefix=/mingw
make
make install
should still be sufficient.

If you still have the problems, you should provide us with more information.
The last page of the output of make in the console or the config.log in
build/unix  migth help us.

Stefan Gürtler