[MPlayer-cygwin] Distributable binaries for windows

Thomas Plank tplank at gmx.at
Wed Aug 17 00:50:17 CEST 2005

Joey Parrish (joey at nicewarrior.org) wrote:

>> When I left out --cc="gcc -mno-cygwin" everything seems okay:
>>
>> Do you know, why -mno-cygwin seems not to work?
>> If you need some additional information, please let me know.

> Yes.  It's because configure checks for many things based on uname
> output, which still says cygwin.  So accept my apologies and forget all
> that.

:-)

> Instead, try this patch and the --disable-cygwin option it adds.

Tried and the output was:
 ,----
 `----

> No need to set --cc with this patch.  Also, this is totally untested,
> but is straightforward and should work.

Inspired by your patch, I played around a little bit.

When I set
  system_name=MINGW32 (configure script)
and
  --cc="gcc -mno-cygwin"  (via command line)
manually, the output provides:

Detected operating system: MINGW32
Detected host architecture: i386
Checking for gcc -mno-cygwin version ... 4.0.1, ok
Checking for host cc ... gcc -mno-cygwin

but compiling still fails.

I had to add some include directories, then make reported an error in
mplayer.c 634.
Afterhaving "fixed" this, make gives w.o. with undefined references.

Looks like there is enough to do to get a mingw build on cygwin. :-)
--
mfg Thomas