[MPlayer-cygwin] Largefiles ?????

Asonganyi Defang Ngunyi ngunyie at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 14:51:38 CEST 2005

http://mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/projects.html#windows
> > I cannot say if any of those use the tivo vstream
> library, but if you
> > don't like my packages, there are plenty others
> you can try.  Sascha's
> > (first on that list) are generally met with high
> regard.
> >

> Yes, however mingw does not support largefile
> support the same way as other
> platforms do, so I would recommend him to try your
> builds first.
>

> > > As a small aside, does anyone know why
> --enable-largefiles is not set
> > > by default?
> >
> > For historical reasons, I presume.  Cygwin and
> mingw both used to be
> > very difficult platforms for compiling MPlayer.
> They have both made
> > great strides since then.
> >

> It is afaik, but it is not implemented in mingw. I
> don't know about cygwin.
>
> Sascha

sorry,

but i do not understand you people. I use MeWig and
the mingw build from the mplayer website.(
http://www2.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32/MPlayer-mingw32-1.0pre7.zip)

  I have used it to  play and encode files > 5Gigs!!!!
   on winxp ( yes I did, generated by mplayer
dumpstream). so what do you mean by the fact that
mingw does not support largefiles????
What is the definition of a largefile then. ???

DEF