[MPlayer-cygwin] Updated MPlaer MinGW HOWTO

Thomas Plank tplank at gmx.at
Tue Aug 16 22:46:41 CEST 2005

Stefan Gürtler (helfmir at surfeu.de) wrote:

>> Ok, my platform is CYGWIN, but perhaps there are not many differences in
>> the special case of x264.

> I have been linking mplayer/mencoder against libx264 successfully for
> quite a time, and mencoder with x264 was used for encoding x264 with
> MeGUI on win32, before the x264.exe cli was enhanced. So compiling
> should definitely work.

Compiling of x264 works, but not compiling of mplayer against libx264, at
least here.

> Do you use a fresh cvs checkout of the mplayer source?

Yes.
$ svn update svn://svn.videolan.org/x264/trunk x264
At revision 286.

> Did you remove all old x264.h? Old headers can cause problems.

Only the newest ones are there, this was the first time I tried x264.

> I will try to compile with my (rather old) cygwin environment now.

Perhaps I should try with a real mingw environment, but it would be great
if you could have a try with cygwin.
--
mfg Thomas