[MPlayer-cygwin] Stopping the screensaver in windows

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Thu Aug 11 04:05:23 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 01:11:30AM +0200, deje at miki.hu wrote:
> 8/9/2005 -n, "Anton Ragn-rsson" <anton at infeline.org> irta:
> >another way of doing it. However, I would still find it interresting if
> >anyone knows how
> >to simulate keyboard input..
> >
> >/anton
> >

> Windows API provides a way, as I remember in the form of a single api
> call to insert keystokes into the event input buffer. I don't have my
> win32api.hlp on this machine, but I've read in there, and the help said
> it is a way to simulate keystrokes. Sadly I don't remember which api
> functions was it but feel free to search for in on msdn :)))))
> I hope you can use this little info...

I believe you can just send events to a window handle.  But this may or
may not inhibit screensaver, since it is really just one app passing a
message to another. (or to itself?)  Anyhow, this all seems moot.  What
VO needs this keyboard simulation?

--Joey

--
"Sometimes you just have to bow to the absurd." --Picard