[MPlayer-cygwin] win32 GUI

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Mon Sep 13 18:04:00 CEST 2004

On Friday 10 September 2004 14:56, Joseph Miller wrote:
> Ok, I've got the patches here from the CVS that I downloaded for the win32
> gui that I made, and I also have a tar archive which contains another
> folder which will need to be added to the source before compilation.  I
> have made a lot of effort to comply with the requirements for submitting
> patches what with all the string error checking, code formatting, etc.  The
> only thing that I have not done is converted by debugging messages to
> mp_msg(), but these are disabled by default and only compile on
> --enable-gui32-debugging. I configured with similar to the following
> options (but I disabled all the mmx/sse/fastmemcpy stuff):
>
> ./configure --target=i586-MINGW32 --cc="gcc -mno-cygwin" --disable-vidix
> --disable-x11 --disable-termcap --enable-directx
>
> make gave me an error in demux_audio.c on line 376 because of function
> isinf() being unresolved which I promptly commented out and happily
> compiled anyways.
>
> Please also note that this GUI was designed for the directx vo and though I
> think it would compile without it, I don't really know what would happen.
>
> I will be constantly updating this GUI because a project at my job requires
> a custom media player (e.g. I have both the time and the fundage necessary
> to work on this project) so please contact me if you have any comments,
> questions, suggestions, or criticisms.  Please also let me know if there is
> anything else that I need to work on in order to make this CVS-worthy.
>
> This is my first attempt at releasing a patch for anything, here goes
> nothing.

Come on your work doesn't look to bad :)
I did not have time to really test it on windows, I only had a quick look at
the patches right now.
What I don't like so far is the stuff in mplayer.c.
It would be a lot better if you could reuse part of the functions of the old
gui there. The interface to the linux gui is already a mess and adding yet
another one directly into mplayer.c makes things even more complicated and
developers on other platforms probably don't like to have these #ifdef
TTPLAYERs in mplayer.c. I also know that slavemode is not really a good
alternative, therefore I recommend you to maybe emulate the linux gui a bit.
I mean
it would be a lot cleaner if you rename your init function to guiInit and
change this #ifdef HAVE_NEW_GUI to #if defined(HAVE_NEW_GUI) ||
defined(HAVE_ALT_GUI)
same goes for the playtree handling and filename parsing.
Keep up the good work,