[MPlayer-cygwin] mencoder crash using MPlayer-mingw32-1.0pre5

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Tue Sep 7 17:14:12 CEST 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 02:02:11PM +0200, Alex Birkett wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >Alex Birkett writes:
> >

> >>Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >>

> >As are useful bug reports:
> >
> >http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html
> >

> http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_report.html suggests that I
> build the latest sources in the CVS. Are there any instructions for
> building the Windows version? Do I need to apply a special 'windows'
> patch to the sources first?

No.  It's the same process as building on linux.
Get MPlayer CVS.
  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer login
  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer -z3 co main
Get ffmpeg CVS.
  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg login
  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg -z3 co ffmpeg/libavcodec ffmpeg/libavformat
Throw the two togethr.
  mv ffmpeg/libavcodec ffmpeg/libavformat main/
Configure for debugging.
  ./configure --enable-debug=3
Build.
  make && make install
Debug the crash and send a full verbose log of MPlayer's output and a
backtrace of the crash from gdb.

--Joey

--
"The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe
in it.  Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe