[MPlayer-cygwin] GUI under Win

Szecsi Gabor deje at miki.hu
Mon May 31 01:28:08 CEST 2004

Diego wrote:

>> Could you post a short HOWTO, please?  I had to wade through a bunch
>> of compilation errors before I got it to compile and I did not manage
>> to run gmplayer (I have to admit that I have never used Cygwin X
>> before).  This would be much appreciated.

The way I had done my compilation:

I have installed the recent version of the basic cygwin system plus
some additional packages like freetype, fontconfig and such, Of course
with all corresponding devel packages also. X11 installation was the
same, note that the older xfree86 package is deprecated so X11 needed
with devel packages - I have installed almost everything except some
that I obviously dont't need. The mirror I used is: ftp.tuke.sk but
other should work too. Next step: GTK. Proper server is
cygnome.sourceforge.net. (simply add
http://cygnome.sourceforge.net/install to the mirror list in the setup
program) The packaged I installed from CYGNOME project: glib, gtk+,
glib-devel, gtk+-devel. After install you have to copy the
/opt/gnome/bin to /bin and I think /opt/gnome/include to /usr/include
but that is not certain. After all these you should be able to
./configure and compile mplayer with gui. At least I have succeeded :)
I used a fresh cygwin install.

I have only modem internet nowdays, so I will upload the binary some
days later. You want it so much.... :)

Bye
Deje