[MPlayer-cygwin] Latest real codec dlls

Frank Stöckl Starfire51 at gmx.de
Thu May 27 10:20:37 CEST 2004

At 09:41 27.05.2004 +0200, you wrote:

> > Stefan Gürtler writes:
> > > Who was able to figure out how to run the RealPlayer 9 dlls
> > > drv[1,2,3,4]3260.dll?
> > > Latest Realplayer come with yet again better optimized dlls. I have
>tryed to
> > > get them working with mplayer, but just renaming the dlls does not work,
> > > editing codecs.conf neither, and I could not work out the way the dlls
>are
> > > addressed and the functions called in the sourcecode. My knowledge is
>just
> > > too limeted.
> > > Any chance to get some help on this, or even better, does someone want
> > > look into this?
> >
> > Collect all the DLLs, upload them to incoming and post a notice to
> > dev-eng.
> >
> > Diego
>
>I will have a problem with "all DLLs", as there are quite a lot of them in
>the subfolgers of C:\Program files\real \ e.g. codecs (-> i will upload
>those for sure) and others in common, or tools etc.
>So, when e.g. updating RealPlayer to be able to play back Reals new loosless
>Audio codec "ralf", two packages are being downloaded, one containig (at
>least) C:\Program Files\real\codecs\ralf.dll, and another one with some
>files belonging to a sdk. I do not know where they went to, nor how many
>they are and what their name is. Even the old dlls needed some extra dlls
>for playback, e.g. pncrt.dll . How to identify those? Or spy on the updater,
>that unpackes the files into a temporary folder but deletes the files at the
>end of installing automatically?
>The best thing i can think of will be to make a copy of C:\Program
>files\real before updating and after updating comparing the two folders.
>Can you suggest me a tool that can easily point out the difference between
>tow folders, including comparison of files in the subfolders? Linux/cygwin
>cmp is quite hard to handel. Or i just do not know how to use it properly.

Try Filemon from sysinternals.com:
"This monitoring tool lets you see all file system activity in real-time.
It works on all versions of WinNT/2K/XP, Windows 9x/Me, Windows XP 64-bit
Edition, and Linux."
Now you shuld be able to see what exactly the installer installs.

Frank

--
Codito Ergo Sum.

PGP Key fingerprint: 550E 59F3 4897 733F 9CD7  CC38 7487 E3E9 9DD0 9581