[MPlayer-cygwin] Latest real codec dlls

Stefan Gürtler Stefan.guertler at stud.tum.de
Thu May 27 09:41:36 CEST 2004

> Stefan Gürtler writes:
> > Who was able to figure out how to run the RealPlayer 9 dlls
> > drv[1,2,3,4]3260.dll?
> > Latest Realplayer come with yet again better optimized dlls. I have
tryed to
> > get them working with mplayer, but just renaming the dlls does not work,
> > editing codecs.conf neither, and I could not work out the way the dlls
are
> > addressed and the functions called in the sourcecode. My knowledge is
just
> > too limeted.
> > Any chance to get some help on this, or even better, does someone want
> > look into this?
>
> Collect all the DLLs, upload them to incoming and post a notice to
> dev-eng.
>
> Diego

I will have a problem with "all DLLs", as there are quite a lot of them in
the subfolgers of C:\Program files\real \ e.g. codecs (-> i will upload
those for sure) and others in common, or tools etc.
So, when e.g. updating RealPlayer to be able to play back Reals new loosless
Audio codec "ralf", two packages are being downloaded, one containig (at
least) C:\Program Files\real\codecs\ralf.dll, and another one with some
files belonging to a sdk. I do not know where they went to, nor how many
they are and what their name is. Even the old dlls needed some extra dlls
for playback, e.g. pncrt.dll . How to identify those? Or spy on the updater,
that unpackes the files into a temporary folder but deletes the files at the
end of installing automatically?
The best thing i can think of will be to make a copy of C:\Program
files\real before updating and after updating comparing the two folders.
Can you suggest me a tool that can easily point out the difference between
tow folders, including comparison of files in the subfolders? Linux/cygwin
cmp is quite hard to handel. Or i just do not know how to use it properly.

Stefan