[MPlayer-cygwin] Problems compiling for windows platform

Rui Correia rds_correia at sapo.pt
Thu May 20 13:16:06 CEST 2004

Hi there,
I am trying to compile MPlayer/MEncoder for Windows using Cygwin.
I have several questions:
- Does somebody know which is the minimal set of packages I have to download for
Cygwin to compile MPlayer? I downloaded ~20Mb of packages which I think are not
necessary...
- I tried to compile but now MEncoder looks into Linux-like paths such as
home/rds_correia/...
Anyway I can make it to look for correct Windows-like paths such as Sascha
Sommer's compilings? Would --target=Platform help?
- What kind of options are there for the --target configure option? Could I use
--target=i386-windows?

BTW I am trying to compile so that I can use DirectShow filters but when I use
--enable-dshow I end up with a lot of errors when I "make".
Also if somebody could give me a nice set of options for "configure"?
I am using something like: ./configure --enable-largefiles --enable-static
--confdir=mplayer/ --enable-win32 --enable-directx
Could somebody give me some help on these issues?
Thanks in advance

Rui Correia