[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Giving mplayer higher priority

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat May 15 13:35:10 CEST 2004

Hi,

>>>I want to suggest giving MPlayer higher priority.
>>>Please tell me if you agree.
>>
>>agree, playing mp3 is bad unless start /high mplayer
>>winamp's mp3 decoder is set to high thread by default.
>>
>>anyway this could be a suboption? -highpriority ? ;p
>>just in case someone not like it...
>>

> Agree. Afair it caused some problems on win98.

It will most certainly cause problems if/when MPlayer hangs.
I don't know how/where to add suboptions, maybe somebody else can
improve the patch?
As far as I know most people use DirectSound with winamp, and
applications using DirectSound automatically get (slightly?) higher
priority under Windows... which once again convinces me the Windows is
one big mess.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger