[MPlayer-cygwin] winvidix dhahelper.sys problem

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Mon May 3 20:34:57 CEST 2004

> I have found the same problem. After looking in registry, i have found
> that in the service manager the path to the driver is bad so windoze
> cannot load it. if you correct it to System32\Drivers\dhahelper.sys
> than it is ok. Sasha please alter dhasetup.c so that it will work well
> :)
> Strange thing that first time i have run dhasetup install, it worked.
> but not any more... hm.... windoz rulez...

It really installs the driver to the path where it copys the dhahelper.sys
to.
Can you tell me the value of the path before you altered it? What is your
windows dir?
c:\windows or c:\winnt?. If the later is the case it might be possible that
you used an
old version of dhasetup for the first install and that the new version can't
change the path then.
I'm not sure if the newest version was included in 040408 but it is in the
pre4 package.
You might need to run dhasetup remove and then reboot first.

> Other: on my Gef2Ti (NV15) the vidix drivers cannot load even if
> dhahelper is installed.
>
> The vidix init part:
>
> vidixlib: PROBING: E:/Program Files/MPlayer/mplayer/vidix/nvidia_vid.so
> [nvidia_vid] Found chip: NV15 [GeForce2 Ti]
> vidixlib: E:/Program Files/MPlayer/mplayer/vidix/nvidia_vid.so probed o'k
> vidixlib: will use E:/Program Files/MPlayer/mplayer/vidix/nvidia_vid.so
driver
> vidixlib: Attempt to initialize driver at: 6A701890
> [nvidia_vid] arch 10 register base 57d0000
> unable to map thre requested memory region
> [nvidia_vid] detected memory size 64 MB
> [nvidia_vid] unable to setup MTRR: Function not implemented
> [nvidia_vid] video mode: 1024x768 at 32
> vidixlib: 'E:/Program
Files/MPlayer/mplayer/vidix/nvidia_vid.so'successfully loaded
> VIDIX: Description: NVIDIA RIVA OVERLAY DRIVER
> VIDIX: Author: Sascha Sommer <saschasommer at freenet.de>
>
> It says unable to init mtrr, i used both version (with and without
> mtrr) from the mplayerhq ftp, but they behave the same.

The missing mtrr support is only a warning. Mtrr setup is done different on
windows if it works at all.
I'm not sure here but it is not reuqired for the driver to work.

> And the crash:
>
> VO: [winvidix] 608x256 => 608x256 Packed YUY2
> VO: Description: WIN32 (VIDIX)
> VO: Author: Sascha Sommer
> *** [eq] Allocating mp_image_t, 608x256x12bpp YUV planar, 233472 bytes
> *** [pp] Exporting mp_image_t, 608x256x12bpp YUV planar, 233472 bytes
> *** [scale] Allocating mp_image_t, 608x256x12bpp YUV planar, 233472 bytes
> *** [vo] Allocating mp_image_t, 608x256x16bpp YUV packed, 311296 bytes
> *** [menu] Direct Rendering mp_image_t, 608x256x16bpp YUV packed, 311296
bytes
> *** [vo] Exporting mp_image_t, 608x256x16bpp YUV packed, 311296 bytes
>

> MPlayer interrupted by signal 8 in module: flip_page
> - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
>   Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
>   disassembly. Details in
DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
> - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
>   It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
>   gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
>   DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't
and
>   won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible
bug.
> vosub_vidix: dummy vidix_draw_slice() was called
> Uninit audio filters...
>
> Please tell me to send more info if you need.

It would be nice if you could compile mplayer
with --enable-debug=3 --enable-vidix --enable-static and make  the gdb
backtrace.
The procedure is described in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html. Otherwise I have
no idea what might be wrong except for
the fact that there is to much code written by me involved...