[MPlayer-cygwin] winvidix dhahelper.sys problem

Szecsi Gabor deje at miki.hu
Mon May 3 19:16:25 CEST 2004

Hello Sascha,

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am running mplayer-mingw32-dev-CVS-040408 and tried the experimental
>> vidix support on my Toshiba 5100 notebook (GeForce 440MX, Windows XP).
>> Somehow I don't think the driver is being loaded at all, even when I run
SS> 'dhasetup.exe
>> install'. All it does is copy the .sys driver to my /system32 path. But
>> if I reboot, the driver is not being loaded (as shown by various process
>> managers). So when I try the '-vo winvidix' option, all I receive is
>> this:

>> Any idea why dhahelper is not installed? Shouldn't dhahelper.exe also do
>> some appropriate registry changes to make the driver start at boottime?
>>

SS> Yes and it does for me.

I have found the same problem. After looking in registry, i have found
that in the service manager the path to the driver is bad so windoze
cannot load it. if you correct it to System32\Drivers\dhahelper.sys
than it is ok. Sasha please alter dhasetup.c so that it will work well
:)
Strange thing that first time i have run dhasetup install, it worked.
but not any more... hm.... windoz rulez...

Other: on my Gef2Ti (NV15) the vidix drivers cannot load even if
dhahelper is installed.

The vidix init part:

vidixlib: PROBING: E:/Program Files/MPlayer/mplayer/vidix/nvidia_vid.so
[nvidia_vid] Found chip: NV15 [GeForce2 Ti]
vidixlib: E:/Program Files/MPlayer/mplayer/vidix/nvidia_vid.so probed o'k
vidixlib: will use E:/Program Files/MPlayer/mplayer/vidix/nvidia_vid.so driver
vidixlib: Attempt to initialize driver at: 6A701890
[nvidia_vid] arch 10 register base 57d0000
unable to map thre requested memory region
[nvidia_vid] detected memory size 64 MB
[nvidia_vid] unable to setup MTRR: Function not implemented
[nvidia_vid] video mode: 1024x768 at 32
vidixlib: 'E:/Program Files/MPlayer/mplayer/vidix/nvidia_vid.so'successfully loaded
VIDIX: Description: NVIDIA RIVA OVERLAY DRIVER
VIDIX: Author: Sascha Sommer <saschasommer at freenet.de>

It says unable to init mtrr, i used both version (with and without
mtrr) from the mplayerhq ftp, but they behave the same.

And the crash:

VO: [winvidix] 608x256 => 608x256 Packed YUY2
VO: Description: WIN32 (VIDIX)
VO: Author: Sascha Sommer
*** [eq] Allocating mp_image_t, 608x256x12bpp YUV planar, 233472 bytes
*** [pp] Exporting mp_image_t, 608x256x12bpp YUV planar, 233472 bytes
*** [scale] Allocating mp_image_t, 608x256x12bpp YUV planar, 233472 bytes
*** [vo] Allocating mp_image_t, 608x256x16bpp YUV packed, 311296 bytes
*** [menu] Direct Rendering mp_image_t, 608x256x16bpp YUV packed, 311296 bytes
*** [vo] Exporting mp_image_t, 608x256x16bpp YUV packed, 311296 bytes

MPlayer interrupted by signal 8 in module: flip_page
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.
vosub_vidix: dummy vidix_draw_slice() was called
Uninit audio filters...

Please tell me to send more info if you need.

Bye
Deje