[MPlayer-cygwin] Cygwin port won't play on other PC

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Thu Jul 29 20:53:47 CEST 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 10:51:04AM -0500, Chhaya, Harshal wrote:
> BTW, does it make any difference if I just copy the 'mplayer'
> folder between PCs instead of running the installer on each PC?
> This is for your port, btw. I assume that just copying all the
> files is OK since nothing gets written to the registry (if I
> uncheck all the file associations) or anywhere else, but I wanted
> to be sure.

No, my packages are patched to find their files relative to the MPlayer
exe location.  File associations are the only thing you'll lose by
moving the folder to another PC.

> > -v is the name of it.
>
> But it doesn't seem to do anything on its own. I know I should have
> RTFM'ed to learn about the 'dumplog' option but my first attempt
> was to see if '-v' printed something on the console.

-dumplog is not in the manual, it's specific to my packages.  -v
increases MPlayer's verbosity level.  -v -v will do it twice, -v -v -v
three times, and so on.  That is in TFM.

--Joey

--
"Of the seven dwarves, the only one who shaved was Dopey.
That should tell us something about the wisdom of shaving."