[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: nvidia_vid

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Mon Jul 19 10:52:41 CEST 2004

On Monday 19 July 2004 08:51, Max Shepelev wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Why the NVidia winvidix driver does not support YV12 ?
> (while Radeon and other does)
>
> When I use -vo winvidix instead of -vo directx,
> additional conversion occurs YV12=>YUY2 and performance
> is slower than with directx :(
>
> Will nvidia_vid support YV12 ?
> Or there's no sense to use this driver at all?

Unlike radeon cards nvidia cards do not support yv12 overlays afaik.
The windows driver does the yv12 to yuy2 conversion with some kind of dma
blits first.
However this would require some more enhancements in the dhahelper
module. One could use rivatv as reference. This won't be done by me
because I only have an old riva128 card which does not support the blits
used in rivatv. Moreover there is no documentation so implementing alll this
is difficult.
You can almost always able use the -dr command line switch.
This should compensate the speed difference a bit.

> PS: Can you send me ./configure command line switches and
> list of needed libraries, which you are used
> to compile this wonderful player with MinGW ?
> I want to recompile it for Athlon without
> runtime CPU detection and change some "non-global" options...
> Thanks!

./configure --with-codecdir=codecs --enable-static

Packages:
mingw
msys
dx7headers
zlib
freetype
libiconv
libogg
libvorbis
libjpeg
libpng
libregif
nasm
xvid
lame

Sometimes it is a bit tricky to get them detected by
the configure script.

Sascha

I cced this to the mplayer-cygwin list.
Maybe it is usefull for someone else.
You can also check the archives of this list for
problems with certain libraries.