[MPlayer-cygwin] Dynamic audio/video filter loading

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Thu Dec 30 03:01:34 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 09:25:04AM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hi,
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 08:58:56AM +0100, Gianluigi Tiesi wrote:
> > Does mplayer yet support a dynamic loading of video and audio filters as
> > external dlls? (e.g. each filter as dll), this could be usefull
> > to squeeze mplayer binary size. I can try to add it if it's not
> > supported and if for you is not a bad idea.
>
> Very bad idea. It will need a lot of non(or at least badly)-portable code and will be
> slower.
I don't think so, the only overead will be at loading time, most
programs use a plugin system. Libtool provides a way to do this in a
platform independent way, btw I was thinking only for the windows
version.
> If you don't need something don't compile it in. Or is there a specific
> reason why you want this?
It's not easy to exclude selective video filters without modifing
makefiles, I would have a choise about filters to included in a
particular packaging.

Really my question was a sort of mini-poll, it should be intended
only as an idea, but as I can see until now, there are no intrests for
this.

Best Regards

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>