[MPlayer-cygwin] Some questions about the MinGW port

NoiseEHC NoiseEHC at freemail.hu
Thu Dec 23 22:55:00 CET 2004

Hello!

I am currentry using MPlayer instead of any win32 players since all are
buggy on win2003 server or are slow like hell.
The switch occured when I succesfully installed the new DivX decoder
which was too slow. I then uninstalled it and
after that the DirectShow registration was messed up.

My only problem is that every time I start a video I have to set
contrast/brightness/etc since the overlay window
was left with some random values. I would like to fix that but currently
I am not able to compile the project.

Dear Sascha Sommer,

can you provide me the exact options you use to comple the suff can be
found here, please?
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/

I would like to know the dependencies I should intall to MinGW, since I
am a decent win32 programmer but do
not know anything about unix environments... For example downloaded
zlib-1.2.1-mingw32.tar.gz and all I have
to do is to extract the include and lib directories to the include and
lib folders? Also would like to know the URLs
of those packages.

As I know you also released an alpha MPlayer-GUI, is it a patch to the
current source three, or will I get it once
I will able to compile with --enable-gui???

My final goal would be to create a version which can render to a window
in a helper process so I could embed it to
Mozilla Firefox since all the players sux at best on windows.

These questions can look very lame but I am just a windows only
programmer... Probably the answers would
help MPlayer to take off in a win32 environment so other lame developers
could help coding....

Thanks!
NoiseEHC

ps:
Why does it need dnahelper.sys? Probably it would not be better than
DirectX.