[MPlayer-cygwin] Crash with ao=dsound

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sat Dec 4 15:19:45 CET 2004

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 13:38, Bagrij Peter wrote:
> Dear Mplayer Developers!
>
> I'd like to report a bug:
>
> If you try to seek fast forward and rewind more times a video, and the
> sound output is directsound, the mplayer often freeze. Not only the
> mplyaer, it freezes everything, so I need to reset the whole computer (no
> numlock etc...).

In general if it something is freezing your system it is most likely not the
apps fault (except you are using hacks like vidix).
I went through the driver again, but didn't find anything that might be
causing this.
Are you sure this only happens with ao dsound or also with other directx
apps? Maybe updating your soundcards drivers helps?
On the other hand it might also be a different problem. What happens without
audio eg. -ao null?
Otherwise I can only recommend you to use -ao win32 or set ao=win32 int the
config file.