[MPlayer-cygwin] Enable real in cygwin ?

Stefan Gürtler Stefan.guertler at stud.tum.de
Fri Sep 26 17:30:33 CEST 2003

Hi.

On Win98 I have to put pncrt.dll next to the mplayer.exe to work.
On NT it is different:
Quoted from an older Mail from this Mailinlist:

In my case, this really only works for the non-QT/Real codecs.  These still
need to be in the $WINDOWS\SYSTEM[32] folder for them to work.  And to top
it all off, in my cygwin anyway, they need to be owned by Administrator
group
and be world WRITABLE to function.  All of the others worked fine in the
$CODECSDIR fine, no matter the permissions.

And from the next one, still concerning WinNT and more in detail:
I have read these many times.  In my case, *I DO NOT NEED PNCRT.DLL* on my
NT4 machine. I searched my machine 4 times PRIOR to installing any codecs,
AND prior to installing any Win32 version of RealPlayer/RealOne, and it
worked with what I did below.  In *MY* case, as I said previous, the
dlls/libs WERE in the right places, with-codecsdir was specified, etc. etc.
etc. but they would not work until:

a) I chmod'd them from within Cygwin to be WORLD-WRITABLE
b) I chown'd them to the 'Administrator.Administrators' (this really
shouldn't be necessary, but)

Ciao sagt Stefan