[MPlayer-cygwin] [win32] file not playing

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sat Mar 29 23:24:19 CET 2003

> --- Sascha Sommer <saschasommer at freenet.de> a écrit : > > dont expect
> any answer for 4-month-aged CVS.

> > (see
> > >
> > His CVS is new, but my version.h was not ;(
> whaty is that ?? a mixed expermiental package ?
>
> ah got it its mplayer32 shipped with cygwin1.dll...

What is your problem with cygwin1.dll?
I do not like it for the fact, that it is 99% unused and therefore I am
working on a MINGW port.
But things are not that trivial.

> isnt it time to remove the configure test that says 'libpthread is
> mandatory to compile under windows' and have a clean windows exe,
> without silly dependancy ?
> could you say what makes you think libpthread can be omitted or why it
> was mandatory ?

1. there is a mingw port of it
2. mplayer isn't multithreaded and therefore the player core shouldn't need
it to work
3. the only files where it is used are
demux_xmms.c
tvi_v4l.c
win32.c
ao_nas.c
=> none of them can be used on windows anyway

S. Sommer