[MPlayer-cygwin] bug hunting

Samuel Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Fri Jan 31 11:45:22 CET 2003

Diego, can you please add to that list of cygwin bugs the playing of encrypted DVD's which is reported only to work with S.Somer's patch which I can't track down; certainly CVS and rc3 cannot play encrypted DVD's.

Also there is a problem playing titles on unencrypted DVD's that start more than 2GB into the disk, a seek error is given, I obtained this with the Bagpuss 13 episode DVD where episodes past episode 4 won't play and mplayer gives a seek error.

Sam

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Jan 31 04:06:39 CET 2003

  a.. Previous message: [MPlayer-cygwin] Has anybody played encrypted dvd's on cygwin?
  b.. Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]

Hi!

We are wrapping up the 0.90 release but there are still some bugs
lingering in our Cygwin version.  A few things broke between releases,
maybe you can help me find the exact date and/or commit that broke it
so we might hopefully fix it.

- Sometime between RC1 and RC2 compilation with --disable-streaming
  broke.

- Real DLLs have been working at some unknown point in the past.

- QT DLLs work for some people and not for others.  Maybe we can do a
  bit more detective work around this issue.

- Win32 DLLs would be really cool - Sascha ? ;-)

Any help/research/patch is appreciated.

Strangely --disable-streaming works if I remove the ifndef lines in
libmpdemux/demux_mov.c.

// inclusion of fcntl.h cause cygwin gcc crash
#ifndef __CYGWIN__
#include <fcntl.h>
#endif

gcc 2.95.3-10 then gives an internal compiler error, gcc 3.2 is fine.
Does anybody still use 2.95.3-10 with Cygwin?  Should we remove this
and stop supporting that compiler or is it not worth it?  Any better
solution?
Thanks

Diego