[MPlayer-cygwin] Unable to play SVQ3 video

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 21 17:46:10 CET 2003

> Look at that help output again..  Win32 codecs are also referenced
> there, although you do not have them working, have you?  Or xvid etc.
> There are simply all codecs.
This has really no sense - why not list only the codecs that are
working, like -vo help ? Looking at it, I see that even linux codecs
are listed - its painful.

and I have read ./configure --help, it should have detected the qt
codec.
  --disable-qtx-codecs   disable Quicktime codecs [autodetect]

> They have to be put there since that is the place Windows expects
> DLLs
> to be.  Having them separate for MPlayer would be cool, feel free to
> send in a patch, it would be much appreciated.  QT works fine for me
> even though I put the DLLs there.

Yes, no great change has happened for the moment in qt dlls.
I did a search on my system, the dlls are in
windows\system32\quicktime.
If an API change happen, native player will fail to function.
Remember the libdvdnav API change.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".