[MPlayer-cygwin] Unable to play SVQ3 video

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Jan 21 16:50:57 CET 2003

Sylvain Petreolle writes:
 >  --- Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> a écrit : > Sylvain Petreolle
 > writes:
 > >  > Compiling CVS mplayer, trying to play a svq3 video says the codecs
 > >  > aren't available.
 > >  >
 > >  > compile flags:
 > >  > ./configure --disable-x11 --disable-mencoder
 > >
 > isnt that enabled by default ? like I put it my email, the qdmc and
 > qtsvq3 are referenced available when I run mplayer with -vc help and
 > -ac help.

Look at that help output again..  Win32 codecs are also referenced
there, although you do not have them working, have you?  Or xvid etc.
There are simply all codecs.

 > > Compile with --enable-qtx-codecs and put the QT codecs in
 > > C:\winnt\system32.
 > why must I put it into system32 ? this will make Quicktime support bad
 > on the system.
 > Especially when there will be an update for the matching dlls, for
 > example when QT 7 will be available.
 >
 > There will be a version into system32 (mplayer ones) and the Quicktime
 > player will attempt to load the Program Files/Quicktime version, which
 > will be override by system32 ones.

They have to be put there since that is the place Windows expects DLLs
to be.  Having them separate for MPlayer would be cool, feel free to
send in a patch, it would be much appreciated.  QT works fine for me
even though I put the DLLs there.

Diego