[MPlayer-cygwin] Unable to play SVQ3 video

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 21 16:35:02 CET 2003

 --- Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> a écrit : > Sylvain Petreolle
writes:
>  > Compiling CVS mplayer, trying to play a svq3 video says the codecs
>  > aren't available.
>  >
>  > compile flags:
>  > ./configure --disable-x11 --disable-mencoder

isnt that enabled by default ? like I put it my email, the qdmc and
qtsvq3 are referenced available when I run mplayer with -vc help and
-ac help.

> Compile with --enable-qtx-codecs and put the QT codecs in
> C:\winnt\system32.
why must I put it into system32 ? this will make Quicktime support bad
on the system.
Especially when there will be an update for the matching dlls, for
example when QT 7 will be available.

There will be a version into system32 (mplayer ones) and the Quicktime
player will attempt to load the Program Files/Quicktime version, which
will be override by system32 ones.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".