[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Latest cvs also fails dvd's, wants libdvdread ?

Samuel Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Wed Jan 15 15:42:28 CET 2003

Sorry to break threading again; for some reason despite re-subscribing I'm
not getting the messages from this list and am having to read from the
archives.

Yes I did put in the O_BINARY change but to no effect.
When installing I told cygwin to default to binary access too, I think
libc-based IO line ending conversion is an abomination.

Sam

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Fri Jan 10 16:57:38 CET 2003

Did you try the O_BINARY change together with your one?
The Problem is that cygwin has problems to emulate the read() call if you
don't specify
O_BINARY at open because of the dos end of lines ^M
It is fixed for files now but it might be possible that it is required for
dvds, too