[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Latest cvs also fails dvd's, wants libdvdread ?

Samuel Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Thu Jan 9 22:38:36 CET 2003

Sorry for breaking the threads, but for some reason I haven't been getting
messages although I was subscribed, and had to read from the message
archive.
I've re-subscribed so we'll see how it works now.

Sycotic, in answer to your question:
./configure --disable-win32
shows: Checking for Win32 DLL support ... no

./configure
also shows: Checking for Win32 DLL support ... no

This is with cygwin only a couple of days old with gcc3.2

Is this related to the scrambled DVD suggestion?

In the meantime I'm trying old cvs snapshots as time allows start from the
oldest till I find one that plays dvd output under windows; I hear someone
had it working in July/August although the oldest snapshot available is
September.

Should I be looking for this to have succeeded in older versions?  It also
fails on CVS snapshot for 1st Sept 2002

Do we think cygwin win32 dll support is actually broken or is it an autoconf
problem or a configure.in problem?

Sam

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Wed Jan 8 14:25:51 CET 2003