[MPlayer-cygwin] MinGW howto

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sun Aug 17 17:44:38 CEST 2003

> Sascha Sommer schrieb:
>
> > Nice. What about adding a few tips to get best quality/performance on
> > windows?
> > "-double" to prefent flickering osd
>
> OK
>
> > "-autosync 100" to make playback smoother
>
> Any examples for this?  I cannot see a difference.  Maybe this is system
> specific?

It depends on your soundcard.

> > "-quiet" for win98 systems where the terminal eats 100% cpu
>
> It's there in the Cygwin section..   Does this also affect MinGW?

Yes

> > "-dr" for direct rendering
>
> That's not really Windows specific, is it?  BTW, how can I tell if
> MPlayer is using dr or not?  I cannot find anything in the -v log...

All those options are general, but it is hard to find out for users
what options are supported by vo directx without looking into
the source.

Didn't you notice these lines?
*** [vo] Allocating mp_image_t, 640x272x16bpp BGR packed, 348160 bytes
or
*** [vo] Direct Rendering mp_image_t, 640x272x16bpp BGR packed, 348160 bytes