[MPlayer-cygwin] MinGW howto

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Aug 16 23:55:40 CEST 2003

Sascha Sommer schrieb:

> Nice. What about adding a few tips to get best quality/performance on
> windows?
> "-double" to prefent flickering osd

OK

> "-autosync 100" to make playback smoother

Any examples for this?  I cannot see a difference.  Maybe this is system
specific?

> "-quiet" for win98 systems where the terminal eats 100% cpu

It's there in the Cygwin section..   Does this also affect MinGW?

> "-dr" for direct rendering

That's not really Windows specific, is it?  BTW, how can I tell if
MPlayer is using dr or not?  I cannot find anything in the -v log...

> [...]

Anything else?

Diego