[MPlayer-cygwin]

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Aug 15 17:58:59 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > We already had the topic of how to get to work real and QT for the
> > MinGW-port of MPlayer.
> > (You can have a look at the Archive and search for the thread
> > "[MPlayer-cygwin] Error loading codecs/drv43260.dll")
> > It is right that the real-dll need the pncrt.dll to work, as the codec-dll
> > tries to open it.
>
> I have read these many times.  In my case, *I DO NOT NEED PNCRT.DLL* on my
> NT4 machine. I searched my machine 4 times PRIOR to installing any codecs,
> AND prior to installing any Win32 version of RealPlayer/RealOne, and it
> worked with what I did below.  In *MY* case, as I said previous, the
> dlls/libs WERE in the right places, with-codecsdir was specified, etc.
> etc. etc. but they would not work until:

either
- realone doesn't need it, only rp8 does
or
- NT4 is close enough to POSIX to work without this wrapper
  (pncrt.dll is a wrapper around basic libc i/o functions, it does
  nothing just convert between C and PASCAL (or in other name,
   __stdcall__ and non-stdcall) calling convention).
  I remember from old times, that nt4 had some posix compatibility, it even
  supports hardlinks on ntfs. Most CAD apps could be easily ported from
  unices to nt4, but was not to win98.

> [signature not sponsored by email sender, read at your own risk]

lol

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu