[MPlayer-cygwin]

Stefan Gürtler Stefan.guertler at stud.tum.de
Fri Aug 15 11:47:03 CEST 2003

Hi Frank and Sycotis

We already had the topic of how to get to work real and QT for the
MinGW-port of MPlayer.
(You can have a look at the Archive and search for the thread
"[MPlayer-cygwin] Error loading codecs/drv43260.dll")
It is right that the real-dll need the pncrt.dll to work, as the codec-dll
tries to open it.
Here a part of one of the mails from the mentioned thread:
> More interesting is the log of a filemonitor
> 438 Mplayer Open C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
> OPENEXISTING OPENALWAYS
> 439 Mplayer Read C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
> Offset: 0 Length: 64
> 440 Mplayer Seek C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
> Beginning Offset: 224
> 441 Mplayer Read C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
> Offset: 224 Length: 248
> 442 Mplayer Seek C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
> Beginning Offset: 224
> 443 Mplayer Read C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
> Offset: 224 Length: 488
> 444 Mplayer Directory C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
> QUERY
> 445 Mplayer Read C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
> Offset: 196608 Length: 1024
Here!
> 446 Mplayer Attributes C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\PNCRT.DLL NOTFOUND
Here!
> GetAttributes
> 447 Mplayer Attributes C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PNCRT.DLL SUCCESS GetAttributes
> 448 Mplayer Directory C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PNCRT.DLL SUCCESS QUERY
> 449 Mplayer Open C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PNCRT.DLL SUCCESS OPENEXISTING
OPENALWAYS

For me it was enough to copy the pncrt.dll next to the mplayer.exe and all
the other real-dlls into their subfolder /codecs (Or whereever you specified
using ./configure --with-codecsdir=xyz).
The trick to get QT to work is quite similar. I found that peace of
information (forgott where i got it from, maybe from mplayers ftp-server):

How to get WIN32 QuickTime audio/video codecs working with MPlayer?

1. Get MPlayer CVS (read the docs how to...), and compile this way:
   ./configure --enable-qtx-codecs --enable-win32
   make

2. Get the QuickTime DLLs pack:
   QT6 DLLs (should be faster):
     http://www.mplayerhq.hu/~alex/codecs/qt6dlls.tar.bz2
   QT5 DLLs (we (developers) use this):
     http://www.mplayerhq.hu/~alex/codecs/qt5dlls.tar.bz2
   Or if you have already downloaded the qt-dotwine.tar.bz2,
   you can use it too.
   NOTE: qt6-dlls.tar.bz2 from releases/ doesn't contains qtmlClient.dll!

3. Extract the files:
   Normally the WIN32 codecs directory is the following: /usr/lib/win32
   Extract the QuickTime.qts, QuickTimeEssentials.qtx and qtmlClient.dll
   to that dir (or to that what you have configured).
   (In case of qt-dotwine.tar.bz2, the dlls can be found in
   .wine/fake_windows/Windows/System/ directory)

3a. Extract the extras:
   If you want to be _really_ up-to-date, you can also copy the not-yet
   supported codecs too: 3ivx Delta 3.5.qtx, On2_VP3.qtx, ZyGoVideo.qtx,
   BeHereiVideo.qtx. They can be found in the
   http://www.mplayerhq.hu/~alex/codecs/qtextras.tar.bz2 archive.

4. It should work now.
   Else send real _bugreports_ to the mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu list!
   (and only to that one!) And please include that which codecpack have you
   chosen.

I got it working by simply copying the qtmlClient.dll from mplayers
ftp-server to my \Windows\System32 directory. The other dlls went to the
codecs folder spezified via --with-codecsdir. This works fine on my
Windows98. Maybe you have to try other system-folders in Win2k and WinXP.
Keep in mind that the mentioned configure-parameter --enable-qtx-codecs  was
renamed to --enable-qtx

Ciao sagt Stefan