[MPlayer-cygwin] compiling mplayer probs ...

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Fri Aug 30 21:28:32 CEST 2002

What windows OS are you using?

[snip]
> How come
>
> I'm trying to get mplayer to run cygwin,
> compiled sdl, ggi, aa, libdivxdecore and installed all fine ..
>
> next mplayer,
> configure didn't detect libdivx for starters, maybe I need to tweak the
> config.mak for this build ?

Yes, you need to tweak it per the file DOCS/tech/cygwin.txt in the CVS version.  If this file is missing, or you don't understand it, please let me know outside the list and we can discuss.  I am currently trying to re-do this file so it is more user-friendly, as when I originally wrote it I was going towards a more techie oriented feel.

> Anyway, I start compiling ...
> I get a whole bunch of warnings, config.h:win32 redefined blah blah ... but
> compile continues ...
> and after a while I get an internal gcc compile error, signal 11 (hmm, no
> bad memory here)
> win32.c:1558: warning: #warning FIXME
> win32.c:2573: warning: #warning FIXME!
> cpp0: output pipe has been closed
> gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> make[1]: *** [win32.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gvandelaer/MPlayer-0.90pre5/loader'
> make: *** [loader/libloader.a] Error 2

It seems the win32 dll support is not working on cygwin, we are looking into this to see what can be done.  For right now if you have the win32 dlls installed per the linux mplayer docs, you will need to add --disable-win32 to your ./configure options.

> I got the latest cygwin release ...
>
> I've read the mplayer docs for cygwin ... not much on cygwin to be found.
>
> Anything I'm doing wrong ?
>
> Cya,
> Gert

/S. Smith