[MPlayer-cygwin] SDL, GGI, sdl-config, Xv, etc..

Julien WAJSBERG flash at minet.net
Mon Aug 5 14:42:18 CEST 2002

Hi,

I will try to answer some of the questions asked in the end of last week
:) (or in the week end, since I couldn't read my mailbox last weekend)

1 - Xv
I finally got Xv in mplayer. The trick is to use what "sycotic" told :
Line 2168 of configue needs to read:
  cc_check -lXv $_inc_x11 $_ld_x11 && _xv=yes

Indeed, you also have to tweak config.mak then :

$ grep Xv config.mak
X_LIB = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXv -lX11 -lXext  -lGL

Otherwise, you'll get undefined symbols.

Unfortunately, there is no Xv support in either Xfree86/Cygwin or
XWin-32... so it is useless :)
(unless I'm wrong, of course).

2 - GGI
I also get these dlopen errors. Don't know why.

3 - SDL
SDL is now working !
Some errors/bugs though :
- directx output segfaults. (But windib output works well. I think it
still make uses of hardware capabilities for zooming, etc, that's why it's
not-so-slow).
- SDL sound output is quite awful, either with SDL:dsound or SDL:waveout.
But it gives a smoother video, whereas oss sound output gives a 'lag' in
the video output...
- removing -mwindows actually made mplayer print its messages.

Well.. I think that's all. I finally was able to see some mpeg videos that
windows media player doesn't want to play :)

If you have any thought about these problemes...
I was using latest CVS snapshot (20020801)

--
Flash :)